Wednesday 10 September 2014

Update from my Musician

My musician, Maya Law, has just emailed me her acoustic cover of 'Timber' by Pitbull ft. Ke$ha which I requested from her 2 weeks ago. I've uploaded the music to SoundCloud (with her permission) so that I can embed it to my blog.

I'm very happy with the quality and style of this piece of music, as it sounds professional, the sound quality is high, the music can be looped in the middle to make the song longer, the original song it's covering is recognisable, and the music does not change dramatically throughout the song so that it doesn't overpower my voice-over/diegetic sound. I will experiment with editing the speed and pitch of this song and ducking it during the editing process of my production so that it corresponds appropriately with my documentary video.



The next steps for my music are requesting another acoustic cover. This time I am requesting a feminist song, Hard Out Here by Lily Allen, to contrast with the problematic song 'Timber' which I have deconstructed in a previous post. The 'Hard Out Here' cover will once again be acoustic without lyrics, therefore its strong language will not be an issue for my audience. I've also asked Maya if this song could be more upbeat than 'Timber' to create an interesting contrast of sound and to have a range of song moods for the different points in my documentary e.g. upbeat for positive parts, lower for the negative criticisms.

1 comment:

  1. excellent evidence of creative direction and forward planning

    Good evidence of generation of original and relevant ambiance building soundtracks

    ReplyDelete