Friday 27 February 2015

First Edit of my Documentary

Below is the first edit of my documentary production. From this point, I need to add the final name of my documentary to my main title and hashtag, my non-diegetic music from this post, additional footage over the point where I've combined two takes of the definitions of misogyny and sexism to make them audibly usable, and to shorten the duration of my location shots. Overall from this stage, I am pleased with its coherent and flowing structure, and interesting, professional style through my presenter, narration, interview, cinematography and audio quality etc. I also feel that I have met the conventions of my documentary genre and expository documentary sub-genre well through these aspects as planned, and all issues have been easily resolved so far throughout my editing process.

Documentary First Draft from Courtney O'Donnell on Vimeo.

I will begin gathering target audience feedback now that my documentary is at this flowing and in its mostly final state, in order to allow time to apply any possible adjustments and improvements from this point before my final edit and deadline. As my editing has been taking longer than expected despite my proactive approach during my free periods and perhaps due to my perfectionism and unfamiliarity with Final Cut Pro editing software which I've had to research online, I feel that I'm slightly behind in my time management; however I'll continue to dedicate my free periods alongside my lessons to editing my documentary, and produce my ancillary products within this time as well as at home using my own facilities which are appropriate for this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment