Saturday 20 December 2014

Animatic

I have produced an animatic from my documentary storyboard following my plans to do so on that post, which allowed me to;
  • become familiar with the Final Cut Pro editing software which I'll be using for my editing
  • research Final Cut Pro editing techniques such as this one
  • practise the timings I'll be using for each clip and to see whether I'll meet my 5 minute duration
  • view how my editing transitions and effects will flow together

Documentary Animatic from Courtney O'Donnell on Vimeo.

I noticed from this production that I didn't meet by 5 minute duration by 1:52, therefore I'll be including more shots, particularly artistic cinematography within my documentary, which I will include when writing my shot list and script to add the extra time. As my timings weren't exactly correct, I decided not to add my non-diegetic music as I had previously planned, as my music timings would also be inaccurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment