Sunday 9 November 2014

Deconstruction of TV Listings Magazine

I recently deconstructed two film posters; 'Moulin Rouge', 2001, and 'Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street', 2007, in order to develop my deconstruction skills and to understand what to look for when analysing media texts and products:
*Insert 3 images from the booklet*

From this knowledge, I began deconstructing a relevant article from the TV listings magazine, 'TV Choice'. The article I deconstructed was appropriate, as it was the same documentary which I have deconstructed in a previous post, 'Don't Stop the Music'. This shows me that documentaries (which I had identitfied as similar to my own in my deconstruction, for example due to its matching exhibitor of Channel 4) are suitable for this magazine, despite first impressions due to the soap opera dominated front cover.

Deconstruction of article using SlideShare as a presentation method:


Evaluation:
By deconstructing this TV listings magazine article, I have gained knowledge of its format, strengths and weaknesses, and how text and images can link together. I've also noted the importance of a house style to create a stylistic article. By deconstructing this article, I have now began to prepare my planning and production for my own ancillary product. I am unsure whether I will use this exhibitor, its indicated target audience seems inappropriate for my own product, therefore I will need to analyse another article from an alternate exhibitor such as the 'TV Times', which presents scheduling for Channel 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment