Sunday 16 November 2014

Musician Update

Today my musician, Maya Law, emailed me her cover of 'Hard Out Here' following my previous request of this song for my non-diegetic sound for my documentary. I've uploaded it to SoundCloud (with her permission) to embed into my blog.


I am very pleased with her cover and it's professionalism, as the sound quality is high, and its original song is recognisable. I'm especially happy with 1:02-1:34, and 2:12-2:55 of the cover, as these parts capture the upbeat feel which I had planned to overlay the more positive sections of my documentary narrative - therefore I will be looping them for these sections. The beginning of the cover sounds similar to 'Timber', the other music track for my documentary, therefore allowing my non-diegetic sound to flow and sound organised. I will experiment with editing this music along with 'Timber' using iMovie, to adjust the speed and pitch of these songs, and use ducking to correspond with the diegetic sound of my documentary, and my non-diegetic voice-over.

*I will update this post with the next song I'm requesting for Maya to cover once I've finished planning it.*

No comments:

Post a Comment