Sunday 9 November 2014

Production Plan

Over the next 2-3 months, I will be working to produce a 5 minute extract from a television documentary within the documentary genre and with my exhibitor 'Channel 4' in mind. It will present and debate the issue of sexism within contemporary media; specifically the music, television, journalism and film industries in the Western world. I will also be creating two ancillary products; a double page spread from a TV listings magazine discussing and promoting my documentary using images and text, and a newspaper advertisement of my documentary.

To stay organised with completing all necessary areas of production within my timescale, I have produced a production plan for planning and producing my documentary and ancillary products below, along with an estimation of the time it will take to complete each task.
  • Generation of ideas, 30 minutes: Mind-maps of developed ideas for all of my products, referring back to my research.
  • Job specification, 40 minutes: As this is an independent task, I will be completing most of the production jobs myself; however just as I have recruited my musician, Maya Law, I will need to cast characters including a narrator and interviewee subjects.
  • Characters, 30 minutes: Discussion of the influences of my characters and how mine have developed.
  • Camera shot/ type/ angle plan, 1 hour 20 minutes: A detailed list of all of the camera shots, types and angles which I propose to use to film my documentary, and their effectiveness.
  • First drafts of all of my products, 2-4 hours each: Early drafts for all of my products to make note of any problems which I may encounter during production (e.g. natural lighting or software), and have a basis to develop from for my next drafts.
  • Time management, 20 minutes: Plans considering timescale to stay organised.
  • Cinematography, 2 hours: Considering and evaluating the quality and artistic style of my ancillary product images and documentary shots.
  • Lighting, 2 hours: Consider the effectiveness of a range of lighting and organise and experiment with equipment.
  • Diegetic, non-diegetic and synchronous sound, 3 hours: Planning and producing sound including voice-overs and music, and experimenting with producing sound through techniques such as foleying.
  • Ancillary product images, 3 hours 20 minutes: Organise, plan, produce and edit a range of images to choose the most effective within my focus group meetings.
  • Health and safety, 1 hour 30 minutes: Research and evaluate the health and safety implications of my own products.
  • Ethics and permissions, 1 hour 30 minutes: Research and evaluate issues such as plagiarism and copyright relating to my own products, and consider the ethical controversy of my production themes.
  • Storyboards, 2 hours: Visually planning sequences of my production.
  • Edits, 2 hours each: Produce developed drafts of edits for each of my products.
  • Regular focus group evidence and questionnaires, 4 hours: Gathering feedback and evaluating and developing my products to suit my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment