Saturday 3 January 2015

Audio

I've considered foleying my diegetic dialogue and narration in order to improve their sound quality and clarity by removing background noise; however I found from research of documentaries that this technique is unconventional, most likely due to the vast amount of speech to foley and the fact that documentaries are mostly unscripted and shot on the move. 'Blurred Lines the New Battle of the Sexes' also included a shot on a busy London street with lots of noise to present their city location, which is also appropriate for my production.

As I am shooting in mostly quiet locations (including a library and relaxed area of the city centre) at non-busy times (9:30am and 4:00pm with the latter being shot in a calm indoor location), I will rely on my high quality camera and the noise reduction audio editing process to eliminate the need for foleying.

I will record my voiceover with Rowan using the same camera in a quiet location within the library, as it is especially important for the voiceover to be clear, as there would be no context presented by the footage for where the background noise is coming from, and could therefore confuse my audience.

Finally, my non-diegetic music is prepared for editing:

No comments:

Post a Comment