Thursday 8 January 2015

Production Log #2 - First Shoot

Today I shot the first footage of my documentary, which was my interview content and interview introduction within my cafe (Starbucks) locations with Emily Gooda as my interviewee and Rowan Perrow as my interviewer. After reviewing my footage and considering the shoot, I am very pleased with its success.

Styling my actors:
The costumes and make-up styles for my first shoot consisted of formal, sophisticated, expressive, and feminine contrasted with non-feminine outfits to be representative of my feminist and formal documentary style, and expressive-sophisticated young-mature target audience;
Emily's sophisticated and expressive cat-eye liner, shadow and mascara, and defined brows style

Emily's sophisticated, feminine and formal, yet youthful and expressive make-up, hair and costume to represent my different target audience demographics

Emily's formal and sophisticated shoes

Rowan's simplistic and formal make-up (simple eyeliner, mascara foundation, highlighter and blush for a fresh and natural face), contrasted with her interesting/ expressive hair style

Rowan's simple and sophisticated outfit to represent my older demographic

Rowan's formal and sophisticated shoes
Production:
The equipment I brought to my first shoot consisted of;

My tripod (borrowed from my media department)

My camera (also borrowed)

My shot list, script, make-up, and coffee cup mise en scene to set the relaxed coffee shop location (which I purchased)


All aspects of my production were successful for this shoot, including;
  • a wide range of fluid and steady shots by shooting with my tripod 2-3 times from different angles/ shot types
  • my clear and unfiltered lighting
  • costumes/ acting/ make-up
  • my organisation
However, when reviewing my footage, I noticed that there is background noise in some of my shots due to the varying business of my public location. Therefore, I will need to experiment with noise reduction audio options during the editing process for this footage. My next shoot is tomorrow at 9:30am with Rowan for the introduction and main content of my documentary, as well as my ancillary product photographs; for which I am bringing the same equipment, in addition to my shoot specific mise en scene and costume for Rowan.

No comments:

Post a Comment