Saturday 3 January 2015

Cast Responses and Production Log #1

Following my planned cast choices post, I have had positive responses from 2/3 of my cast choices; however Sam (my expert interviewee) is unavailable for filming due to his personal choice. As a replacement, I have decided to contact Tom Cranston and Scott Warr for this role; both active and educated feminists who meet the same actor specifications as Sam. If both actors are available, I may conduct two separate interviews, as I think that they would both be suitable and useful to my production.

As Emily and Rowan have both agreed to act for their roles, I have scheduled the dates of my shoots with them;
Thursday 8th January: Emily and Rowan at 4:00pm within cafe location
Friday 9th January: Rowan at 9:30am at the city centre/ Forum library. Throughout this shoot, I will photograph Rowan for my ancillary product images using the same camera which captures high quality photographs (tested during my location planning shoot).
I'll also be shooting by myself next week to capture location shots, most likely on Friday once I've finished shooting with Rowan.

I have considered borrowing 2 cameras and tripods from my media department in order to shoot a range of different angles using the 180° rule; however it is conventional of documentaries to be shot with minimal equipment as they are fast moving and partly improvised. Therefore I will borrow 1 camera and tripod next week, but film 2 takes from different angles and pause between shooting to change filming positions, in order to produce footage from a variety of cinematographic angles.

Next I will be planning the other equipment (mainly mise en scene, costume and make-up) which I need to prepare for my shoots, as well as finish writing my script and shot list.

No comments:

Post a Comment