Thursday 1 January 2015

Cinematography

To shoot my documentary in an artistic, interesting, stylistic and professional looking way, I have researched the art of cinematography and the techniques which I can refer to when forming my shot list.

red-gecko-productions.com/redgecko/2010/07/29/the-skills-of-a-documentary-cinematographer
This article was interesting and helpful due to the stated conventional techniques for documentary cinematography, and how to successfully shoot them; (click to enlarge)




This presentation was another useful resource due to the detailed/ technical descriptions of the rule of thirds, depth of field, and framing; refreshing my knowledge from AS Level. From my research of documentaries I've found that these are conventional techniques - particularly rule of thirds during interview shots which I will also be using. The depth of field will be useful when photographing and editing for my ancillary product images, as well as the descriptions of different representational shot types for focal actors and objects. This was a simpler and less specific resource, but significantly beneficial for my research.

Cinematography for Foundation Portfolio from Nicola Naisbett

Next I'll be considering this research when planning my shot list.

No comments:

Post a Comment