Tuesday 13 January 2015

Production Log #4 - Second Shoot and Updates

I met with Rowan at 10:30am on Sunday to shoot for her parts in my documentary, and also photograph her for my ancillary products. However there was a dilemma as although I had checked that my library location's opening hours are 11:00am-4:30pm on Sundays, I didn't realise that only the bottom floor of the library was open. As most of my footage of Rowan will be shot on the second floor, we are arranging to meet at another date.
A location we found whilst shooting, and considered using, however I decided it was too quiet for my urban documentary location style

Rowan's hair in continuity with her hair style from my first shoot

Rowan's similarly formal shoes and youthful and unique roll-up jeans to represent my younger demographic and narrator character's interesting and unique style

Rowan's make-up in continuity of character's style but more detailed than the previous shoot due to my brighter natural/ artificial lighting for these locations. Eyeliner and mascara for youthful cat eye and bright eyes, foundation, highlighter, blush and tinted lip balm for a fresh and glowing face, and defined brows with an eyebrow pencil for detail as well as a sophisticated look which represents my character and target audience

Rowan's formal and sophisticated costume to represent my professional documentary style and older demographic (fitted jacket and high neck/ modest shirt), incorporated with more casual, youthful, and uniquely interesting roll-up trousers for my younger demographic. This reflects my intended character style, and is also in continuity with the first shoot's costume due to the black colour scheme and style
The footage I did shoot of Rowan was within all of the locations other than the second floor of the library, however after making a rough cut of my documentary footage so far (as not all of it was shot) on Windows Movie Maker to test my timings and structure, I've decided to make some adjustments to my script and shot list. This is in order to meet my 5 minute extract duration, as my rough cut presented that there's a chance I won't, despite planning this with my animatic. I would also rather have more footage to edit with so that I can be selective and replace any unsuitable shots with my extra footage rather than film a re-shoot. I'll be making a revised script, shot list and changes to my storyboard this week, and when that is finished I'll re-film my final footage with Rowan again (hopefully this weekend or the beginning of next week).

Equipment brought to the shoot included my tripod, camera, script and shot list (pictured in first shoot), and;
Laptop mise en scene with loaded and pauses at points to film - making me prepared for this shot and without wasting time, and planning. Also prevents the possible issue of not being connected to wifi




Sexist tabloid newspaper mise en scene

Magazine mise en scene
I'll be bringing this exact equipment along to my next shoot, and will also style Rowan with the same costume and make-up to maintain continuity.

No comments:

Post a Comment